Saturday 1 September 2012

The things they say: Ken Livingstone

Amazing what you come across when you're clearing the house. Here's a snippet from an old interview with Ken Livingstone that for some reason I'd kept:
“I really like kids. If I had the time I’d probably adopt some that’d been battered around by their existing parents.

But I’d have to set aside about fifteen years. Bringing up children has to be a primary commitment. That’d take me to about 55 which would knock my political ambitions on the head quite decisively.” (Ken Livingstone, National Student, March 1986 p23)
Ken, as we now know, is a father of five. Apparently some time around 1990 he had at least a partial change of heart, so there's hope for us all.

Please give a full name and location when posting. Comments without this information may be deleted. Recommend:

No comments:

Post a Comment