I suddenly had the thought this morning, however, that I really don't have a contemporary handle on Liberal Christianity apart from keeping up with the trading of insults, and so I wondered if readers might recommend some resources.
There are three areas on which I'd really like to focus:
- Human nature and our place in the universe.
- The person of Christ and the nature of the gospel.
- The future fate of the universe in general and humans in particular.
What I don't want are:
- Blogs and blog articles.
- Opinions about other people's opinions.
- Things which are basically just attacks on religious conservatism.
So what I do want are:
- Books and authors of substance.
- Resources which, if I were coming at this as a naive outsider (which to some extent I am), would explain to me the 'fundamentals' of Liberal Christianity and the outcomes in terms of an 'agenda' for life. How would living as a Liberal Christian be special and, especially, why would it be right to call it Christian (see my point above about the person of Christ and the nature of the gospel)?
- Anything which addresses what I call the 'Ecclesiastes' mindset - we're here, but we're not where we hoped we'd be, living our lives in the midst of apparently inevitable injustice and certain death.
Please give a full name and location when posting. Comments without this information may be deleted. Recommend: