Friday 17 December 2010

It's Anglicanism, Jim, but not as we know it

Disappointed by the cricket (for a change), I took a look at the Thinking Anglicans website, where there is a piece from an anti-Covenant blog on "Ten Reasons Why the Proposed Anglican Covenant is a Bad Idea".

Now as I said before, the point where groupings like Thinking Anglicans start saying the Covenant is a bad idea is the point at which I start thinking it might not be that bad after all.

However, I was very struck by the first of the ten reasons:

The proposed Anglican Covenant would transform a vibrant, cooperative, fellowship of churches into a contentious, centralized aggregation of churches designed to reduce diversity and initiative.

A "vibrant, cooperative, fellowship of churches"? Lacking contention and centralization?

Its Anglicanism, Jim, but not as we know it.

John Richardson

Anonymous users wishing to paste in the comments box need first to select 'preview', then close the preview box. When posting your comments please give a full name and location. Comments without this information may be deleted.

1 comment:

  1. You lost me, John. Whatever your point was, I missed it.

    May be I need another cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete