Tuesday 6 May 2008

An echo of heaven

Musing on the state of the world generally, and the Christian world particularly (see my previous post) I treated myself to a burst of the amazing Boyan Men's Choir, singing the Ukranian Divine Liturgy. This extract, a piece called "It is Fitting", will give you some idea of what they're like. There's something of a homepage here, with contact details. (Incidentally, I know it says Men's Choir, but they have one female soloist.)

Heaven, I hope, feels something like listening to this does to me.

Revd John P Richardson
6 May 2008

No comments will be posted without a full name and location, see the policy.
To display this post with the comments, just click on the title.

1 comment:

  1. That was a treat. You could almost smell the savour of incense wafting across the speakers.

    Andy Terry
    Stafford

    ReplyDelete